Designed and engineered by Traxxas, the XL-5 Electronic Speed Control handles the elements while smoothly supplying power to the motor. This high-performance ESC is packed with impressive specifications that are normally only found on more expensive high-end replacement units. The XL-5 features a completely waterproof design, three throttle profiles, Thermal Shutdown Protection, 4-7 cell compatibility, and built-in BEC. High frequency operation combined with ultra-low resistance make the XL-5 an efficient and ultra-smooth fully proportional speed control. An exclusive feature on the XL-5 is the patented Training Mode™. This profile reduces the overall power output of the XL-5 by 50% making it easier for young or new drivers to develop their control skills before unleashing full-power operation. XL-5 is equipped with two-stage low-voltage detection (LVD) to allow LiPo battery use. The XL-5 is manufactured by Traxxas to ensure the highest level of quality and support. The XL-5 is backed by the Traxxas Lifetime Electronics Warranty.
Input voltage: 4-7 Cells (4.8 to 8.4 Volts DC)
- Traxxas High-Current Connector*:
- The XL-5 ESC is equipped with the patented Traxxas high-current connectors for restriction-free current flow.
- Patented Training Mode™:
- An exclusive feature that places the XL-5 ahead of the pack is the patented Training Mode. This feature reduces the overall power output of the XL-5 by 50% making it easier for new drivers to control their model. When they're ready, simply change profiles to unleash full-throttle action. Only Traxxas has it!
- XL-5 LVD Waterproof ESC Features:
- Built-in two-stage low voltage detection (LVD)
- for Lithium Polymer (LiPo) battery use
- Innovative watersealed design
- 15-turn motor limit for 540 size motors
- 12-turn motor limit for 550 size motors
- Fully-proportional forward, reverse, and braking control
- Programmable with three drive profiles:
- Sport Mode – Fwd / Brake / Rev
- Race Mode – Fwd / Brake
- Training Mode* – 50% Fwd / Brake / 50% Rev
- EZ-Set® push-button setup
- Multi-color LED
- Thermal shutdown protection
- Efficient, low-loss MOSFET design
- Smooth, high-frequency operation
- Easy installation in Traxxas models
- Backed by the Traxxas Lifetime Electronics warranty
Case Size: 1.23"W x 2.18"D x 0.61" H
Weight: 2.44 Ounce
Motor Limit: 15-turns** (540 Size); 12-turns** (550 Size)
On Resistance Forward: 0.007 Ohms
On Resistance Reverse: 0.014 Ohms
BEC Voltage: 6.0 VDC
BEC Current: 1A
Power Wire: 14 Gauge / 5"
Input Harness Wire: 26 Gauge / 9"
PWM Frequency: 1600 Hz
Low Voltage Detection (LVD): 2-Stage indicators, switchable (on or off)
Thermal Protection: Thermal shutdown
- Sport Mode: 100% FWD, 100% brakes, 100% REV
- Race Mode: 100% FWD, 100% brakes, no REV
- Training Mode*: 50% FWD, 100% brakes, 50% REV
Single-button setup: Yes, Traxxas EZ-Set®
Part Number TRA3018R Input voltage 4-7 Cells (4.8 to 8.4 Volts DC) Case Size 1.23"W x 2.18"D x 0.61" H Weight 2.44 Ounce Motor Limit 15-turns** (540 Size); 12-turns** (550 Size) On Resistance Forward 0.007 Ohms On Resistance Reverse 0.014 Ohms BEC Voltage 6.0 VDC BEC Current 1A Power Wire 14 Gauge / 5" Input Harness Wire 26 Gauge / 9" PWM Frequency 1600 Hz Low Voltage Detection (LVD) 2-Stage indicators, switchable (on or off) Thermal Protection Thermal shutdown Profiles - Sport Mode 100% FWD, 100% brakes, 100% REV - Race Mode 100% FWD, 100% brakes, no REV - Training Mode* 50% FWD, 100% brakes, 50% REV Single-button setup Yes, Traxxas EZ-Set®
- Questions & Answers
- Must be logged in to ask a question.
Sort By:No questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Works With