OverviewUnmatched power on a new level
The Traxxas Slash defines the short course truck segment and sets the standard for durability, performance, and technology. Innovative features like Traxxas Stability Management (TSM), modular chassis design, and ultra-efficient shaft drive complement Slash’s track-tested precision and rock-solid durability. Slash 4X4’s extreme Velineon brushless power provides screaming 60+mph speed while the TQi radio system keeps everything under precise control. With just one drive you will see why the Traxxas Slash 4X4 elevates short course performance to a whole new level.
- Fully assembled, Ready-To-Race Traxxas Slash 4X4 VXL
- Traxxas Stability ManagementTM
- TQi™ 2.4GHz radio system
- Velineon® Brushless Power System
- Race Replica painted body
- NiMH or LiPo Battery
- 4 "AA" Batteries (for transmitter)
Length: 22.36 Inches (568mm)
- Traxxas Stability ManagementTM (TSM)
- Powered by the Velineon® Brushless Power System
- Slash 4X4 reaches speeds in excess of 60+mph!*
- Maxx® Cable 12-gauge wire
- Traxxas High-Current Connector (patented) allows high-capacity battery packs to deliver maximum voltage to the Velineon Brushless Power System
- Exclusive waterproof electronics extend brushless power and performance to water, mud, and snow
- Velineon VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control
- LiPo and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
- Sport Mode – Forward / Brake / Reverse
- Race Mode – Forward / Brake
- Training Mode™ - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patented)
- Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor
- Consistent, high-power output, run after run
- Low-maintenance, unique Traxxas design
- Efficient, high-speed ball bearings
- Precision-balanced rotor
- TQi 2.4GHz transmitter
- Compatible with optional Traxxas Link Wireless Module ( tra6511 ) for full Traxxas Link App capability Traxxas Link is designed for use with Android 4.4 and up or iOS 4.3 and later.
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models—just switch on and drive, "model selection" is not required
- Multi-Function knob
- Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle end points
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
- TQi 2.4GHz 5-channel micro receiver with Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) ( tra6533 ), fail-safe security and integrated telemetry ports
- Durable steel turnbuckles and captured rod ends
- Single-screw motor access makes gear-mesh adjustments fast and easy and the motor can be removed in just seconds
- Modular simplicity, fiber-composite monocoque chassis
- Speed control and receiver are securely fastened to chassis
- Integrated Personal Transponder Mount
- Versatile battery compartment easily adapts to multiple styles of batteries; 6 or 7-cell NiMh battery packs and various configurations of Lithium Polymer packs are no problem for Slash 4X4
- Digital high-torque Traxxas tra2075 waterproof steering servo
- Waterproof, o-ring sealed receiver box
- Sealed, silicone-filled differentials
- Torque-Control™ slipper clutch system
- Fully adjustable oil-filled Ultra Shocks™ with X-ring technology
- White powder coated shock springs feature a responsive spring rate
- Telescoping universal-joint driveshafts
- Rubber-sealed ball bearings
- Scale all-terrain front and rear tires offer superior on- and off-road traction
- Pre-glued all-terrain tires with high-performance foam inserts
- ProGraphix® painted race replica bodies
- Full line of genuine Traxxas accessories available
- Slash 4X4 is backed by unparalleled Traxxas support and parts availability
Front Track: 11.65 Inches (296mm)
Rear Track: 11.65 Inches (296mm)
Center Ground Clearance: 2.83 Inches (72mm)
Weight: 93.1oz (2.64kg)
Height (overall): 7.60 Inches (193mm)
Wheelbase: 12.75 Inches (324mm)
Shock Length: Long (front), XXLong (rear)
Tires: Traxxas 2.2" Pre-Glued with Foam Inserts
Tire Diameter: 4.31 Inches (109.5mm) (front and rear)
Wheels (front/rear): 2.2" Split-Spoke, Black or Red Beadlock
Wheel Diameter: 2.2 Inches (56mm) Outer; 3.0 Inches (76mm) Inner
Speed Control Type: VXL-3s™ Electronic Speed Control
Motor (electric): Velineon® 3500 Brushless
Overall Drive Ratio: 11.82 (stock, out-of-box)
Differential Type: Hardened Steel Bevel, Sealed, Limited Slip
Gear Pitch: 32
Chassis Structure/Material: Molded Tub / Nylon Composite
Drive System: Shaft-Driven, Direct Drive 4WD
Steering: Dual-Bellcrank with Integrated Servo Saver
Radio System (transmitter): TQi™ 2.4GHz (2-channel)
Radio System (receiver): Traxxas Stability Management™ ( tra6533 )
Top Speed: 60+mph*
Skill Level: 1
Battery Tray Dimensions**: 165mm x 49.5mm x 23mm, 25mm
*With optional gearing and 3S LiPo battery (items sold separately)
**Battery expansion kit available
Product VideosTraxxas Stability Management:
Traxxas Stability Management TSM® makes it possible to experience all the extreme power, speed, and acceleration that was engineered into Traxxas models by making it much easier to control the vehicle on common slippery surfaces such as loose dirt, smooth concrete, and even ice and snow. Punch it off the line and TSM goes to work sensing the vehicle’s direction and making steering corrections to provide straight-ahead fullthrottle acceleration without fishtailing, spinouts, and loss of control. TSM also works during cornering, first making intuitive corrections to maintain the vehicle’s line, then hammer the throttle earlier in the turn for much faster exit speeds. Braking is dramatically improved as TSM works to keep Traxxas trucks arrow straight until they come to a complete stop. Traxxas TSM gives all the benefits modern electronic stabilization has to offer without intruding on driving fun or introducing unexpected side effects that can be found on other systems such as drastically reduced turning radius, braking assistance that times out (quits), throttle restrictions, and an overall disconnected driving feel. Traxxas engineers developed superior tuning algorithms that run on high-speed, precision electronic components to create a system that works invisibly, in the background, without ever limiting throttle. TSM can be fine tuned (or turned off) for different surfaces by simply adjusting the multi-function knob on the TQi transmitter, or by adjusting the slider in the Traxxas Link app. The result is driving faster, with more ease, and having more fun. In fact, the driver may not even realize how much TSM is helping until it is turned off and their driving skills are tested without it!
Precision 2.4GHz Control:
Traxxas Slash 4X4 is equipped with the world's most advanced Ready-To-Race® radio system. The Traxxas® TQi™ arrives with a full complement of tuning features and offers the unbeatable convenience of "no channels, no crystals" 2.4GHz technology—but that's just the beginning. Automatic model recognition instantly recalls your settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models. Just switch on and drive, no naming or "model memory" settings required. Power up the transmitter and the model you want to drive, and the settings for that model are dialed in immediately! The TQi 2.4GHz transmitter is fully adjustable: steering and throttle end points can be set precisely and the Multi-Function knob can be programmed to control Traxxas Stability Management (TSM), Steering Sensitivity (Expo), Throttle Sensitivity (Expo), Steering Percentage (Dual Rate), Braking Percentage (Dual Rate), or Throttle Trim. TQi's ergonomic case design provides all-day driving comfort, and the unique internal antenna contributes to its sleek, modern look.
Traxxas' exclusive patented Training Mode let's everyone get in on the racing action. Just press a button to limit full-throttle power to 50%. This allows young or new drivers to safely develop their control skills before unlocking full power Traxxas Slash 4X4. Training mode even makes it easy to hand the transmitter over to your friends who have never driven a radio controlled truck before.
5-channel Micro Receiver w/ Fail Safe:
The TQi 2.4GHz micro receiver fits easily into any vehicle, and features dual channel-1 outputs for easy installation in vehicles with dual steering servos—no Y-harness necessary! The integrated LINK button makes it fast and easy to bind the receiver, and the two-color LED indicates power-on and bind status for fool-proof control and convenience. Traxxas Link Model Memory allows the receiver to recognize up to thirty TQi 2.4Ghz Traxxas Link enabled transmitters—just switch on and drive. In the event of signal loss due to an accidental switch-off or depleted batteries, the receiver will automatically return the throttle to neutral and hold the last commanded steering position. The Fail Safe programming is built-in and does not need to be set or activated. Three telemetry ports are incorporated in the 5-channel receiver to allow real-time data to be transmitted from your Traxxas model to the TQi transmitter.
Sealed Watertight Receiver Box:
Slash 4X4's receiver is fully enclosed for protection from the elements. The antenna and servo wires route neatly through a patented watertight seal, and a custom blue O-ring seals the receiver box to protect the receiver from water. The receiver can be removed for service and aftermarket receivers can be installed without losing the sealing properties of the box.
Velineon® VXL-3s ESC:
The Velineon VXL-3s speed control is loaded with high-grade technology to precisely deliver maximum power to the motor. It's engineered for today's battery technology and beyond. Two-stage low voltage detection allows full LiPo compatibility, including powerful 11.1-volt 3S packs!
Velineon® 3500 Brushless Motor:
Extreme performance is standard equipment with the sensorless Velineon motor. Ultra high-temperature Neodymium magnets, high-speed ball bearings, and a precision balanced rotor deliver power and long life with near zero maintenance. Since there are no brushes or commutator to wear out, you always get the same blistering acceleration and ballistic top speed run after run.
Oil-Filled Ultra Shocks™:
High-speed off-road action requires rugged, responsive shocks that can take abuse. Traxxas Ultra Shocks are proven tough as stock equipment for Traxxas Maxx trucks. The high-volume body yields large oil capacity, and a silicone bladder separates oil from air within the shock for consistent damping action, even during all-day off-road sessions. Dual X-ring seals give super-smooth performance without weeping or leaking, and Ultra Shocks are fully tunable with a wide range of oils, springs, and pistons.
Digital High-Torque Waterproof Steering Servo:
A race truck needs a powerful steering servo for responsive performance. A Traxxas digital high-torque, ball bearing steering servo comes standard for precision control, quick response, and unmatched torque—all in a waterproof case. It has over 50% more torque than the Rustler's 2056 servo and is 25% faster! That's 125 oz-in torque, 0.16-second speed!
Part Number TRA68086-4-VISN Scale 1/10 Drivetrain 4WD Kit Type RTR Length 22.36 Inches (568mm) Front Track 11.65 Inches (296mm) Rear Track 11.65 Inches (296mm) Center Ground Clearance 2.83 Inches (72mm) Weight 93.1oz (2.64kg) Height (overall) 7.60 Inches (193mm) Wheelbase 12.75 Inches (324mm) Shock Length Long (front), XXLong (rear) Tires Traxxas 2.2" Pre-Glued with Foam Inserts Tire Diameter 4.31 Inches (109.5mm) (front and rear) Wheels (front/rear) 2.2" Split-Spoke, Black or Red Beadlock Wheel Diameter 2.2 Inches (56mm) Outer; 3.0 Inches (76mm) Inner Speed Control Type VXL-3s™ Electronic Speed Control Motor (electric) Velineon® 3500 Brushless Overall Drive Ratio 11.82 (stock, out-of-box) Differential Type Hardened Steel Bevel, Sealed, Limited Slip Gear Pitch 32 Chassis Structure/Material Molded Tub / Nylon Composite Drive System Shaft-Driven, Direct Drive 4WD Steering Dual-Bellcrank with Integrated Servo Saver Radio System (transmitter) TQi™ 2.4GHz (2-channel) Radio System (receiver) Traxxas Stability Management™ ( tra6533 ) Top Speed 60+mph* Skill Level 1 Battery Tray Dimensions** 165mm x 49.5mm x 23mm, 25mm
- Questions & Answers
- Must be logged in to ask a question.
Sort By:No questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Slash 4X4 VXL 68086-4 Manual - DE
- Slash 4X4 VXL 68086-4 Manual - EN
- Slash 4X4 VXL 68086-4 Manual - FR
- Slash 4X4 VXL 68086-4 Manual - SP
- Part List
Out of stock
Out of stock