The SCX24™ Deadbolt™ 4WD is the first Axial® off-roader in 1/24 scale. At less than 8" long, it's the perfect rig to take along on your hiking, camping, and other outdoor and indoor adventures — offering factory-assembled ease, scale looks, and confident handling on any trail.
Even new modelers driving the SCX24 chassis will be well-equipped to tackle tough climbs and rough trails. Like the larger SCX10™ chassis, this smaller version uses plenty of steel components — from the C-channel frame rails to the front and rear axles and dogbones. Even over off-road, mountainous, rocky and desert terrain, it has the strength to keep pushing onward and upward.
For the most reliable handling, the SCX24 chassis features a three-link front and four-link rear suspension. The combination of coil-over shocks and durable plastic suspension links delivers Axial-worthy crawling performance even at this small scale. The worm gear drive setup permits a high ground clearance plus a low gear ratio that reduces torque twist.
Powered by an included 180-size motor and LiPo battery, the SCX24 Deadbolt shows off competence and charisma on the trails. Check out that Deadbolt body — with its narrow stance, bulging hood, realistic driver figure, and molded roll cage with realistic light bar. The realism continues right down to the ground, where you'll find licensed KMC XD229 Machete Crawl wheels wrapped in Nitto Trail Grappler tires.
Adding even more to its beginner appeal, the SCX24 Deadbolt comes 100% complete and ready to run. Everything required for action is in the box: assembled and finished vehicle; Axial 3-channel 2.4GHz radio system with servo and ESC/receiver unit; Dynamite® 88T brushed electric motor and 350mAh 2S 7.4V LiPo battery; USB LiPo charger; and even four AA cells for the transmitter!
- (1) SCX24™ Deadbolt™ 1/24 Scale 4WD Truck
- (1) Axial AE-6 ESC/receiver combo (installed)
- (1) Dynamite® 88T brushed electric motor (installed)
- (1) Axial AS-1 steering servo (installed)
- (1) Axial® AX-4 2.4GHz 3-channel radio
- (4) AA transmitter batteries
- (1) 350mAh 2S 7.4V LiPo battery
- (1) USB LiPo charger
- (1) Product Manual
Approximate Assembly Time: No assembly required
- Includes 3 channel radio system, ESC and transmitter batteries
- Includes motor and on-board LiPo battery
- Realistic narrow-stance rock crawler body in olive green or red
- Molded roll cage with realistic light bar
- Realistic driver figure and many other scale details
- Officially licensed KMC XD229 Machete Crawl wheels
- Officially licensed Nitto Trail Grappler M/T tires (S30 compound, large block tread)
- Full-time 4WD
- Splined and sleeved front and rear drive shafts allow for maximum suspension travel while keeping the power to the wheels
- Steel front and rear axles, front stub axles and dogbones provide strength and durability
- Rugged steel C-channel frame rails with bracing keep everything rigid and aligned
- Front and rear axles consist of a two-piece, molded plastic solid axle design
- 3-Link front and 4-link rear suspension supply optimal handling
- Coil-over shocks with simulated reservoir and durable plastic suspension links deliver proven Axial crawling performance
- Front and rear differentials each house a worm gear setup to power the axles and create higher ground clearance. Worm gear drive also provides a low gear ratio to reduce torque twist
- Two LEDs in the front bumper for night driving
Batteries: 7.4V 350mAh 30C LiPo
Body: Painted and trimmed Axial Deadbolt
Charger: USB LiPo charger
Chassis: Stamped steel rails
Completion Level: Ready-To-Run
Differential: Worm gear 16T/4T
Gear Pitch: 32-Pitch
Ground Clearance: 1.06" (27mm)
Height: 4.73" (120.2mm)
Length: 7.8" (199.5mm)
Motor Size: 180
Motor Type: Brushed
Radio: AX-4 2.4GHz 3-channel
Servos: AS-1 steering servo
Shock Type: Plastic body coil-over .9 - 1.3" (24 - 33.4mm)
Speed Control: AE-6 ESC receiver/combo
Spur Gear: 55T
Suspension: Solid axle, front and rear
Tire Diameter: 2.0" (51mm)
Tire Tread: Nitto Trail Grappler M/T, large block tread
Track: 3.9" 99.5mm)
Vehicle Type: Crawler
Weight: 0.5lb (0.22kg)
Wheel Diameter: 1.0" (26mm)
Wheel Type: Black Plastic Licensed KMC XD229 Machete Crawl
Wheel Width: 0.48" (12.4mm)
Wheelbase: 5.25" (133.5mm)
Width: 3.9" (99.5mm)
Product VideosSTEEL C-CHANNEL CHASSIS FRAME RAILS:
Just like the 1/10th scale SCX10™ platform, the SCX24™ chassis features rugged and sturdy steel c-channel frame rails with bracing to keep everything intact and aligned.
DYNAMITE® 88T BRUSHED MOTOR:
The Dynamite 88T brushed electric motor provides the right amount of torque to help ascend steep climbs. It's mated to a steel motor mount to keep flex to a minimum, which helps protect the gears.
The front and rear differentials each house a worm screw and worm gear setup to get the power to the axles and create higher ground clearance.
DURABLE STEEL AXLES:
Steel front and rear axles, front stub axles along with steel dogbones provide strength and durability to keep things running during tough climbs and rough trails.
SPLINED DRIVE SHAFTS:
The front and rear drive shafts are splined and sleeved to allow for maximum suspension travel while keeping the power to the wheels.
COILOVER SHOCK ABSORBERS:
Even at this small scale, the combination of coilover shocks with simulated reservoirs and durable plastic suspension links delivers the crawling performance you've known and expect from Axial.
FRONT AND REAR SOLID AXLES:
The front and rear axles consist of a two piece, molded plastic solid axle design. For optimal handling, the SCX24™ suspension features a three-link front and four-link rear setup.
LED LIGHTS INCLUDED:
Two bright LED lights are included and are mounted in the front bumper. An extra LED light port on the ESC allows you to add optional LED lights.
4-LINK REAR SUSPENSION:
The suspension geometry utilizes a 4-Link design for the rear which is optimized to reduce axle steer and torque twist. We've also included extra suspension links for adjusting your wheelbase length.
HINGED BODY SYSTEM:
The hinged body system offers easy access to on-board components. You can quickly reach the battery and chassis by removing just two body clips and swinging the body up.
FULL BALL BEARINGS:
Just because the SCX24™ is smaller in size doesn't mean the features need to follow suit. No bushings found here, instead the drivetrain is freely spinning on sealed cartridge bearings throughout the entire vehicle.
AXIAL AS-1 SERVO:
Mounted just above the front axle is the Axial AS-1 servo, with a servo saver that allows for steering accuracy, while also providing protection for the servo gears in the event of a bind or impact.
Part Number AXI90081T2 Scale 1/24 Drivetrain 4WD Kit Type RTR Approximate Assembly Time No assembly required Batteries 7.4V 350mAh 30C LiPo Body Painted and trimmed Axial Deadbolt Charger USB LiPo charger Chassis Stamped steel rails Completion Level Ready-To-Run Differential Worm gear 16T/4T Drivetrain 4WD Gear Pitch 32-Pitch Ground Clearance 1.06" (27mm) Height 4.73" (120.2mm) Length 7.8" (199.5mm) Motor Size 180 Motor Type Brushed Pinion 10T Radio AX-4 2.4GHz 3-channel Servos AS-1 steering servo Shock Type Plastic body coil-over .9 - 1.3" (24 - 33.4mm) Size/Scale 1/24 Speed Control AE-6 ESC receiver/combo Spur Gear 55T Suspension Solid axle, front and rear Tire Diameter 2.0" (51mm) Tire Tread Nitto Trail Grappler M/T, large block tread Track 3.9" 99.5mm) Vehicle Type Crawler Water-Resistant No Weight 0.5lb (0.22kg) Wheel Diameter 1.0" (26mm) Wheel Type Black Plastic Licensed KMC XD229 Machete Crawl Wheel Width 0.48" (12.4mm) Wheelbase 5.25" (133.5mm) Width 3.9" (99.5mm)
- Questions & Answers
- Must be logged in to ask a question.
Sort By:No questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- SCX24 Deadbolt 1/24th Scale 4WD - RTR Manual - English (7.63 MB)
- SCX24 Deadbolt 1/24th Scale 4WD - RTR Manual - French (7.67 MB)
- SCX24 Deadbolt 1/24th Scale 4WD - RTR Manual - German (7.63 MB)
- SCX24 Deadbolt 1/24th Scale 4WD - RTR Manual - Italian (7.62 MB)