OverviewThe TRX-4 will take you there
The Traxxas TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler is an all-new Traxxas design that is loaded with innovation that instantly obsoletes the status quo with exciting new features, versatility, and capability. In other words, we built it the Traxxas way, rugged, powerful, and ready for fun!
Underneath the authentic scale look is a machine built for extreme off-road capability that takes you to new places and new adventures. Exclusive portal axles deliver maximum ground clearance that dramatically turns “no way” into “no problem.” Whether you are enjoying outdoor trails or getting technical on the rocks, the remote-locking front and rear differentials and high/low range transmission provide unmatched driving versatility.
- TRX-4, Ready-To-Race® model
- XL-5 HV waterproof electronic speed control
- Titan™ 21T reverse rotation motor
- TQi™ 2.4GHz radio system with cruise control
- High quality maintenance tools
- (4) "AA" Batteries (for transmitter)
- (1) NiMH Battery (4-7 cell) or LiPo Battery (2S/3S)
- (1) Compatible Battery Charger
Length: 23.07 inches (586mm)
- Patented O-Ring sealed watertight receiver box keeps the micro receiver dry
- Sealed Ball Bearings
- Hex hardware with rust-resistant black oxide coating
- Officially Licensed Land Rover Defender Body
- Injection molded scale details including grill, snorkel, and side mirrors
- Rugged, functional roll cage
- Tough fender flares
- Front bumper with tow hooks and replica winch
- Rear bumper with scale accessories and functional spare tire
- Full Nylon composite wheel wells and floor pans
- Trail-tuned XL-5 HV Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
- Fully waterproof design
- Five drive profiles
- Sport Mode — forward / brake / reverse
- Race Mode — forward / brake / no reverse
- Training Mode™ — 50% forward / 100% brake / 50% reverse (patented)
- Trail Mode — forward / brake / reverse / with trail-tuned drag brake in neutral
- Crawl Mode — forward / instant reverse - no neutral with 100% hill holding brake
- Traxxas EZ-Set® one-button setup
- Large, efficient heat sink
- Wide voltage latitude 6–7 cell NiMH (7.2–8.4V) and 2–3S LiPo (7.4–11.1V)
- Two stage low voltage protection (LVD)
- Powerful Titan™ 21T reverse rotation motor with internal cooling fan
- Precision, preset gear mesh adjustments
- Motor retention separate from gear mesh
- Portal Axles
- Increase ground clearance (3.14”)
- Eliminate torque twist
- Steel gears
- Improve axle geometry and reduce strain on driveshafts
- Wheels and Tires
- 1.9” Canyon Trail tires with trail-tuned foam inserts
- Pre-glued and mounted to tough black scale wheels
- Trail tuned S1 rubber compound
- 12mm steel hex
Front Track: 9.78 inches (249mm)
Rear Track: 9.78 inches (249mm)
Ground Clearance: 3.14 inches (80mm)
Weight: 7.43lb (3.372kg)
Height: 11.48 inches (292mm)
Wheelbase: 12.75 inches (324mm)
Approach Angle: 56.49°
Departure Angle: 41.67°
Breakover Angle: 56.97°
Front Shock Length: 3.54 inches (90mm)
Rear Shock Length: 3.54 inches (90mm)
Front Wheels: 1.9 x 1.02 inches (49 x 26mm)
Rear Wheels: 1.9 x 1.02 inches (49 x 26mm)
Front Tires: 4.64 x 1.89 inches (118 x 48mm)
Rear Tires: 4.64 x 1.89 inches (118 x 48mm)
Hex Size: 12mm
Speed Control: XL-5 HV
Motor (electric): 21T Reverse Rotation
Transmission: 2-speed Hi-Lo, Remote Shifting
Gear Pitch: 32P
Differential Type: 4 Gear, Remote Locking
Chassis Structure / Material: Steel Ladder Frame with Nylon Composite Crossmembers
Brake Type: Electronic “Hill Hold”
Drive System: Shaft Driven 4WD
Steering: Chassis Mounted Servo
Servo: 2075X Metal Gear
Transmitter: TQi 2.4 GHz 4-Channel Transmitter
Skill Level: 2
Battery Tray: 158.75 L x 47 W x 23/26mm H
Product VideosUltimate Ground Clearance:
The TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler is equipped right out of the box with Traxxas' game-changing portal axle set. Portal axles lift the truck at the wheels for huge center pumpkin ground clearance. In order to achieve the same clearance with straight axles (and not get stuck), your tires would have to be over an inch taller than the TRX-4's tires. Straddling boulders with ease, the TRX-4 chassis definitely takes the path less traveled and simply leaves all the others behind.
Torque Twist Eliminated:
The portal axles use gear reduction right at the wheels that dramatically reduces undesirable torque twist. Total axle gear reduction is over twice non-portal designs. The Titan 550 motor torque is translated into straight, powerful, forward motion, rather than wasted energy twisting your rig right off the rocks.
Portal axle geometry raises the axle link mounts and center driveshaft, greatly reducing critical driveshaft and suspension link angles. This means less strain on the driveshafts, and the higher suspension links provide greater clearance with less scraping and dragging across the rocks. The steering drag link and tie rod are also raised up and out of harm's way.
Rigid Steel Frame:
A heavy-duty formed-steel ladder frame with molded cross members creates an extremely rigid backbone that lets the suspension do the work it was designed to do. You’ll feel the difference on trails where the elimination of chassis flex allows for precise wheel placement when navigating technical terrain.
Remote Locking Differentials:
Traxxas gives you the versatility to lock and unlock the front and rear differentials to suit your driving needs directly from your transmitter. Leave the differentials unlocked for relaxed driving on the trail with smooth, tight turning and better handling at high speeds. When the trail gets technical, lock the front and rear differentials, or just the front, for superior grip over extreme terrain. This patented design has been proven rugged and capable in the Traxxas Summit. Sleeved micro cables control the differential action for scale appearance, without limiting the huge suspension articulation.
Traxxas was the first to bring you fully waterproof RC vehicles years ago with their innovative designs. The TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler is fully waterproof for how you like to really play, not “splash resistant.” There is a big difference. Traxxas’ patented innovation gives you the freedom to tackle creeks, snow, and mud without worrying about water in your electronics.
The Traxxas TQi radio system is equipped with cruise control for long-distance treks. Set your speed using the transmitter and then use the multi-function knob to fine-tune it faster or slower to precisely match the pace of your caravan of trail explorers. Cruise control makes it easy and comfortable for the TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler to be your companion for hours of driving fun and exploration.
3S Power System:
The XL-5 HV electronic speed control brings 3S LiPo capability for stronger, more efficient running. Updated speed control profiles have been added for smooth and precise control. A Trail profile facilitates smooth driving for most of your adventures, while a Crawl profile introduces hill hold and instant reverse for extremely technical courses. Either will help you navigate obstacles with ease, right from the start. Long run times, up to 2 hours, are possible with a Traxxas 3S 5000mAh iD LiPo battery pack!
Steep approach angles front and rear allow the TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler to tackle big obstacles head on. The front motor design biases weight forward for superior climbing ability compared to other designs.
Part Number TRA82056-4-SILVER Scale 1/10 Drivetrain 4WD Kit Type RTR Length 23.07 inches (586mm) Front Track 9.78 inches (249mm) Rear Track 9.78 inches (249mm) Ground Clearance 3.14 inches (80mm) Weight 7.43lb (3.372kg) Height 11.48 inches (292mm) Wheelbase 12.75 inches (324mm) Approach Angle 56.49° Departure Angle 41.67° Breakover Angle 56.97° Front Shock Length 3.54 inches (90mm) Rear Shock Length 3.54 inches (90mm) Front Wheels 1.9 x 1.02 inches (49 x 26mm) Rear Wheels 1.9 x 1.02 inches (49 x 26mm) Front Tires 4.64 x 1.89 inches (118 x 48mm) Rear Tires 4.64 x 1.89 inches (118 x 48mm) Hex Size 12mm Speed Control XL-5 HV Motor (electric) 21T Reverse Rotation Transmission 2-speed Hi-Lo, Remote Shifting Gear Pitch 32P Differential Type 4 Gear, Remote Locking Chassis Structure / Material Steel Ladder Frame with Nylon Composite Crossmembers Brake Type Electronic “Hill Hold” Drive System Shaft Driven 4WD Steering Chassis Mounted Servo Servo 2075X Metal Gear Transmitter TQi 2.4 GHz 4-Channel Transmitter Receiver 6533 Skill Level 2 Battery Tray 158.75 L x 47 W x 23/26mm H
- Questions & Answers
- Must be logged in to ask a question.
Sort By:No questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- TRX-4 Defender 82056-4 Manual - DE
- TRX-4 Defender 82056-4 Manual - EN
- TRX-4 Defender 82056-4 Manual - FR
- TRX-4 Defender 82056-4 Manual - SP
- TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler (82056-4) Body Assembly Exploded View
- TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler (82056-4) Modular Assembly Exploded View
- TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler (82056-4) Chassis Assembly Exploded View
- TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler (82056-4) Rear Assembly Exploded View
- TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler (82056-4) Transmission Assembly Exploded View
- TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler (82056-4) Front Assembly Exploded View
- Part List
Out of stock
Out of stock