Overview1979 Blazer on the renowned TRX-4 chassis for an iconic and tough combo
Introduced in 1969, the Chevrolet Blazer was General Motors’ two-door entry into the booming sport utility market. Its shorter wheelbase and capable suspension instantly made it a favorite in the 4X4 world, earning the love of enthusiasts and collectors. Traxxas honors the rich history of the Blazer with this beautifully detailed reproduction of the 1979 K5 Blazer built on the renowned TRX-4 chassis. Outfitted with replica Rally wheels, a highly detailed chrome grill, and a full complement of scale details, the TRX-4 Blazer combines the iconic style of the Blazer with toughness and technology that could only come from Traxxas.
- TRX-4, Ready-To-Race model
- XL-5 HV waterproof electronic speed control
- Titan 21T reverse rotation motor
- TQi 2.4GHz radio system with cruise control
- High quality maintenance tools
- (1) NiMH (4–7 cell) or LiPo (2S–3S) Battery Pack w/iD Connector
- (1) Compatible Battery Charger
- (4) "AA" Batteries (for transmitter)
Length: 20.62 inches (524mm)
- Custom-Painted Chevrolet Blazer Body
- Scale details: grille, chrome bumpers, side mirrors, door handles, and wipers
- LED-ready headlights and tail lights
- Tinted windows
- Authentic decal sheet
- Full Nylon composite wheel wells and floor pans
- Trail-tuned XL-5 HV Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
- Fully waterproof design
- Five drive profiles
- Sport Mode - forward / brake / reverse
- Race Mode - forward / brake / no reverse
- Training Mode™ - 50% forward / 100% brake / 50% reverse (patented)
- Trail Mode - forward / brake / reverse / with trail-tuned drag brake in neutral
- Crawl Mode - forward / instant reverse - no neutral with 100% hill holding brake
- Traxxas EZ-Set® one-button setup
- Large, efficient heat sink
- Wide voltage latitude 6–7 cell NiMH (7.2–8.4V) and 2–3s LiPo (7.4–11.1V)
- Two stage low voltage protection (LVD)
- Powerful Titan™ 21T reverse rotation motor with internal cooling fan
- Precision, preset gear mesh adjustments
- Motor retention separate from gear mesh
- Portal Axles
- Increase ground clearance
- Eliminate torque twist
- Steel gears
- Improve axle geometry and reduce strain on driveshafts
- Rigid Steel Frame
- 1.5mm thick steel frame rails increase torsional rigidity
- Innovative design allows four wheelbase positions (300mm, 312mm, 324mm, 336mm)
- Adjustable rear shock tower positions for SWB and LWB configurations
- Bumpers adjust fore and aft
- Rugged rock rails adjust for width
- Wire routing clips integrated into frame rails
- Full-time shaft driven 4-wheel drive
- Tough 6mm stub axles
- Steel front CV driveshafts
- Hardened steel rear axle shafts
- Remote locking steel gear differentials with cable-actuation
- Steel gear transfer case
- Two speed high/low range with remote shifting
- Dual horizontal shafts
- Twin friction plate slipper clutch
- Easily removed for servicing
- Aluminum GTS Shocks
- Oil-filled coilover GTS shocks exclusive to TRX-4 chassis
- Silver-anodized aluminum bodies
- Threaded bodies with collars easily adjust ride height
- Silky smooth damping for the toughest trails
- O-ring cap seal and dual X-ring shaft seals
- Wheels and Tires
- Replica chrome Rally wheels with hub inserts
- Pre-mounted 1.9” Canyon Trail tires with trail-tuned foam inserts
- Trail tuned S1 rubber compound
- 12mm steel hex
- TQi™ 2.4GHz 4-channel transmitter
- Traxxas Link enabled
- Telemetry ready tra6533 5-channel micro receiver with failsafe
Front Track: 9.78 inches (249mm)
Rear Track: 9.78 inches (249mm)
Ground Clearance: 3.14 inches (80mm)
Weight: 6.26lb (2.84kg)
Height (overall): 10.05 inches (255mm)
Wheelbase: 12.28 inches (312mm)
Approach Angle: 59°
Departure Angle: 47°
Breakover Angle: 59°
Front Shock Length: 3.54 inches (90mm)
Rear Shock Length: 3.54 inches (90mm)
Front Wheels: 1.9 x 1.02 inches (49 x 26mm)
Rear Wheels: 1.9 x 1.02 inches (49 x 26mm)
Front Tires: 4.64 x 1.89 inches (118 x 48mm)
Rear Tires: 4.64 x 1.89 inches (118 x 48mm)
Hex Size: 12mm
Speed Control: XL-5 HV
Motor (electric): 21T Reverse Rotation
Transmission: 2-speed Hi-Lo, Remote Shifting
Gear Pitch: 32P
Differential Type: 4 Gear, Remote Locking
Chassis Structure / Material: Steel Ladder Frame with Nylon Composite Crossmembers
Brake Type: Electronic “Hill Hold”
Drive System: Shaft Driven 4WD
Steering: Chassis Mounted Servo
Servo: 2075X Metal Gear
Transmitter: TQi™ 2.4 GHz 4-Channel Transmitter
Skill Level: 2
Battery Tray: 158.75 L x 47 W x 23/26mm H
Product VideosRemote Locking Differentials:
Traxxas gives you the versatility to lock and unlock the front and rear differentials to suit your driving needs directly from your transmitter. Leave the differentials unlocked for relaxed driving on the trail with smooth, tight turning and better handling at high speeds. When the trail gets technical, lock the front and rear differentials, or just the front, for superior grip over extreme terrain. This patented design has been proven rugged and capable in the Traxxas Summit. Sleeved micro cables control the differential action for scale appearance, without limiting the huge suspension articulation.
Hi/Low Range Transmission:
When the going gets tough, use your transmitter to shift into low range for incredible 4-wheel drive pulling torque. Shift into high range for blasting down the trail. The plush suspension design absorbs rough terrain with ease and delivers outstanding scale appearance. Unmatched versatility makes the TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler adaptable to just about any situation or driving style.
Traxxas was the first to bring you fully waterproof RC vehicles years ago with their innovative designs. The TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler is fully waterproof for how you like to really play, not “splash resistant.” There is a big difference. Traxxas’ patented innovation gives you the freedom to tackle creeks, snow, and mud without worrying about water in your electronics.
Torque Twist Eliminated:
The portal axles use gear reduction right at the wheels that dramatically reduces undesirable torque twist. Total axle gear reduction is over twice non-portal designs. The Titan 550 motor torque is translated into straight, powerful, forward motion, rather than wasted energy twisting your rig right off the rocks.
The Power of Portals:
The TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler is equipped right out of the box with Traxxas' game-changing portal axle set. Portal axles lift the truck at the wheels for huge center pumpkin ground clearance. In order to achieve the same clearance with straight axles (and not get stuck), your tires would have to be over an inch taller than the TRX-4's tires. Straddling boulders with ease, the TRX-4 chassis definitely takes the path less traveled and simply leaves all the others behind.
Portal axle geometry raises the axle link mounts and center driveshaft, greatly reducing critical driveshaft and suspension link angles. This means less strain on the driveshafts, and the higher suspension links provide greater clearance with less scraping and dragging across the rocks. The steering drag link and tie rod are also raised up and out of harm's way.
Rigid Steel Frame:
A heavy-duty formed-steel ladder frame with molded cross members creates an extremely rigid backbone that lets the suspension do the work it was designed to do. You’ll feel the difference on trails where the elimination of chassis flex allows for precise wheel placement when navigating technical terrain.
The TRX-4 Trail and Scale is being shown with the legendary Land Rover Defender body, complete with exciting scale details for an authentic 4-wheelin’ experience. Traxxas included a functional spare wheel and tire, an off-road jack, and spare fuel canisters. Secure your trail gear in the included roof basket. There’s even a snorkel for taking the waterproof TRX-4 through creek crossings. The rugged bumpers provide clearance and protection and are equipped with recovery D-rings. The front bumper is designed to be compatible with many popular off-road accessories.
Aluminum GTS Shocks:
Oil-filled coil-over GTS shocks were created exclusively for the TRX-4 chassis. These silver-anodized aluminum units deliver silky-smooth damping performance and feature threaded shock bodies for easy ride height adjustments. The convincing scale realism looks great and they perform even better with an O-ring cap seal and dual X-ring shaft seals.
Metal Gear Digital Servo:
A full-metal gear digital servo gives you the durability and steering authority you need to confidently and reliably power through tough situations.
The Traxxas TQi radio system is equipped with cruise control for long-distance treks. Set your speed using the transmitter and then use the multi-function knob to fine-tune it faster or slower to precisely match the pace of your caravan of trail explorers. Cruise control makes it easy and comfortable for the TRX-4 Scale and Trail Crawler to be your companion for hours of driving fun and exploration.
3S Power System:
The XL-5 HV electronic speed control brings 3S LiPo capability for stronger, more efficient running. Updated speed control profiles have been added for smooth and precise control. A Trail profile facilitates smooth driving for most of your adventures, while a Crawl profile introduces hill hold and instant reverse for extremely technical courses. Either will help you navigate obstacles with ease, right from the start. Long run times, up to 2 hours, are possible with a Traxxas 3S 5000mAh iD LiPo battery pack!
Canyon Trail 1.9 Tires:
The 1.9 Canyon Trail tires and tuned foam inserts are super-soft and grippy to deliver superior bite on rocky surfaces with convincing scale realism. The 12mm steel hex drive makes the TRX-4 chassis compatible with popular 1.9 wheel and tire combinations.
Leave the tools in the bag! The Traxxas TRX-4 chassis is built to handle the rigors of remote locations and all-day driving fun. The foundation begins with a pair of 1.5mm thick steel frame rails. Large diameter steel links and heavy-duty, extra-wide rod ends keep the suspension firmly mounted. Hardened steel CV-style half-shaft joints are ultra reliable, while the brushless-ready steel portal axle and transfer case gears are smooth and quiet. Traxxas’ composite materials have been refined over three decades for the ultimate in strength and durability.
Part Number TRA82076-4-ORNG Scale 1/10 Drivetrain 4WD Kit Type RTR Length 20.62 inches (524mm) Front Track 9.78 inches (249mm) Rear Track 9.78 inches (249mm) Ground Clearance 3.14 inches (80mm) Weight 6.26lb (2.84kg) Height (overall) 10.05 inches (255mm) Wheelbase 12.28 inches (312mm) Approach Angle 59° Departure Angle 47° Breakover Angle 59° Front Shock Length 3.54 inches (90mm) Rear Shock Length 3.54 inches (90mm) Front Wheels 1.9 x 1.02 inches (49 x 26mm) Rear Wheels 1.9 x 1.02 inches (49 x 26mm) Front Tires 4.64 x 1.89 inches (118 x 48mm) Rear Tires 4.64 x 1.89 inches (118 x 48mm) Hex Size 12mm Speed Control XL-5 HV Motor (electric) 21T Reverse Rotation Transmission 2-speed Hi-Lo, Remote Shifting Gear Pitch 32P Differential Type 4 Gear, Remote Locking Chassis Structure / Material Steel Ladder Frame with Nylon Composite Crossmembers Brake Type Electronic “Hill Hold” Drive System Shaft Driven 4WD Steering Chassis Mounted Servo Servo 2075X Metal Gear Transmitter TQi™ 2.4 GHz 4-Channel Transmitter Receiver 6533 Skill Level 2 Battery Tray 158.75 L x 47 W x 23/26mm H
- Questions & Answers
- Must be logged in to ask a question.
Sort By:No questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- TRX-4 Blazer 82076-4 Manual - DE
- TRX-4 Blazer 82076-4 Manual - EN
- TRX-4 Blazer 82076-4 Manual - FR
- TRX-4 Blazer 82076-4 Manual - SP
- TRX-4 1979 Chevrolet Blazer (82076-4) Modular Assembly Exploded View
- TRX-4 1979 Chevrolet Blazer (82076-4) Body Assembly Exploded View
- TRX-4 1979 Chevrolet Blazer (82076-4) Transmission Assembly Exploded View
- TRX-4 1979 Chevrolet Blazer (82076-4) Front Assembly Exploded View
- TRX-4 1979 Chevrolet Blazer (82076-4) Chassis Assembly Exploded View
- TRX-4 1979 Chevrolet Blazer (82076-4) Rear Assembly Exploded View
- Part List
Out of stock
Out of stock
Out of stock
Out of stock
Out of stock
Out of stock