The Bandit VXL expands the Extreme Sports Buggy™ legacy with more power than you ever thought possible. The Velineon Brushless Power System® accelerates into the stratosphere with jet-like thrust and incredible 70+mph top speed!* Traxxas Stability Management® keeps it under control with arrow-straight acceleration and sure-footed stopping power. The Bandit VXL is a low-slung, lightweight speed machine that's rocket fast on pavement and rips incredible roost off-road. Bandit VXL is a driver's machine that will put your skills to the test with its mind-blowing top speed and lightning quick handling response.
The Velineon brushless motor and electronic speed control (ESC) work together as an optimized package to deliver the ultimate in efficiency, speed, and run time. With the Bandit VXL, your battery selection determines your speed and skill level. Velineon accepts the widest range of battery types, including 3-cell Lithium Polymer (LiPo) packs. These packs pump out over 11 volts of power for intense, skill level 5 speeds beyond 70mph! Nothing else even comes close. Built-in low-voltage detection in the VXL-3s™ ESC helps you maintain your LiPo battery packs in top condition.
The Bandit VXL rolls out of the box Ready-To-Race® with the advanced TQi 2.4GHz 2-channel radio system and powerful Velineon Brushless Power System. The Bandit VXL is a blast to drive and easy to own with legendary durability, low-maintenance design, and unmatched parts support from thousands of hobby stores worldwide. With over 30 years in the hobby industry, Traxxas goes the extra mile to ensure that your RC experience is easy and fun (and fast!). A staff of skilled representatives is on-hand to answer your questions via phone, website, or email.
- Fully assembled with Traxxas Stability Management®
- TQi™ 2.4GHz radio system
- Velineon® Brushless Power System
- ProGraphix® painted body
- NiMH or LiPo Battery
- (4) "AA" Batteries (Transmitter)
Length: 16.25" (413mm)
- Traxxas Stability Management®
- Powered by the Velineon® Brushless Power System
- Bandit VXL reaches speeds in excess of 70mph!*
- Patented Traxxas High-Current Connector delivers maximum voltage to the Velineon Brushless Power System
- Exclusive waterproof electronics extend brushless power and performance to water, mud, and snow
- Maxx® Cable 12-gauge wire
- Velineon VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control
- LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
- Sport Mode – forward / brake / reverse
- Race Mode – forward / brake
- Training Mode™ - 50% forward / brake / 50% reverse (patented)
- Velineon 3500 brushless motor
- Consistent, high-power output, run after run
- Low-maintenance, unique Traxxas design
- Efficient, high-speed ball bearings
- Precision-balanced rotor
- TQi 2.4GHz transmitter
- Compatible with optional TQi Traxxas Link Wireless Module ( tra6511 ) to access full Traxxas Link app functionality
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models—just switch on and drive, "model selection" is not required
- Multi-Function knob
- Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle end points
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
- TQi 2.4GHz 5-channel micro receiver with Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) ( tra6533 ), fail-safe security and integrated telemetry ports
- Digital high-torque Traxxas 2075 waterproof steering servo
- Durable steel turnbuckles and captured rod ends
- Efficient Magnum 272™ steel-gear transmission with ball bearings
- Sealed gearbox protects the transmission with beefed up motor guard for extra protection
- Torque-Control™ slipper clutch system
- External gear cover with easy slipper access
- Reliable composite planetary gear differential
- Updated heavy-duty telescoping U-joint driveshafts and yokes
- Fiber-composite monocoque chassis
- Speed control and receiver are securely fastened to chassis
- Easy access battery compartment
- Fully adjustable Ultra Shocks™ with X-ring technology
- White powder coated shock springs feature a responsive spring rate
- Alias™ Step-Pin rear and Alias ribbed front tires offer superior off-road traction
- Alias tires include performance-tuned foam inserts and they come pre-glued on black-chrome 2.2" Tracer™ wheels
- ProGraphix® multi-colored painted body is available in red, blue, black, and silver
- Bandit VXL is backed by unparalleled Traxxas support and parts availability
Front Track: 9.84" (250mm)
Rear Track: 9.84" (250mm)
Weight: 48oz (1.36 kg)
Height (overall): 7" (178mm)
Wheelbase: 11.25" (286mm)
Front Shock Length: Long
Rear Shock Length: XX-Long
Front Tires (Pre-Glued): Alias™ Ribbed 2.2"
Rear Tires (Pre-Glued): Alias™ Step-Pin 2.2"
Front Wheels: 2.2" Black-Chrome (Tracer™)
Rear Wheels: 2.2" Black-Chrome (Tracer™)
Electronic Speed Control: VXL-3s™ Electronic Speed Control
Motor (electric): Velineon® 3500 Brushless
Gear Ratio (Internal): 2.72 (Final Drive: 7.97)
Differential Type: Planetary Steel Gear
Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
Transmission: Magnum 272™
Chassis Type: Modified Tub
Chassis Material: Fiber-Composite
Radio System (Transmitter): TQi™ 2.4GHz (2-Channel)
Radio System (Receiver): Traxxas Stability Management® ( tra6533 )
Skill Level: 2
*Battery Tray Dimensions: 139mm x 47.5mm x 28mm
*Battery expansion kit available ( tra3725X )
**With 3S LiPo battery and optional 33-tooth pinion gear (sold separately)
Product VideosThe World's Most Advanced Ready-To-Race® Radio System:
Total Control. Traxxas models deserve the world's most advanced Ready-To-Race® radio system. The radio system is the sole connection between the driver and machine. It has to be precise, comfortable, powerful, and reliable. The all-new Traxxas® TQi™ radio system arrives with a full complement of tuning features; long-range, high-output, 2.4GHz signal, and proven Traxxas reliability for rock-solid performance. It's so advanced; it doesn't even need an external antenna.
Traxxas Stability Management:
Traxxas Stability Management (TSM) makes it possible to experience all the extreme power, speed, and acceleration that was engineered into Traxxas models by making it much easier to control the vehicle on common slippery surfaces such as loose dirt, smooth concrete, and even ice and snow. Punch it off the line and TSM goes to work sensing the vehicle’s direction and making steering corrections to provide straight-ahead full throttle acceleration without fishtailing, spinouts, and loss of control. TSM also works during cornering, first making intuitive corrections to maintain the vehicle’s line, then hammer the throttle earlier in the turn for much faster exit speeds. Braking is dramatically improved as TSM works to keep Traxxas trucks arrow straight until they come to a complete stop. Traxxas TSM gives all the benefits modern electronic stabilization has to offer without intruding on driving fun or introducing unexpected side effects that can be found on other systems such as drastically reduced turning radius, braking assistance that times out (quits), throttle restrictions, and an overall disconnected driving feel. Traxxas engineers developed superior tuning algorithms that run on high-speed, precision electronic components to create a system that works invisibly, in the background, without ever limiting throttle. TSM can be fine tuned (or turned off) for different surfaces by simply adjusting the multi-function knob on the TQi transmitter, or by adjusting the slider in the Traxxas Link app. The result is driving faster, with more ease, and having more fun. In fact, the driver may not even realize how much TSM is helping until it is turned off and their driving skills are tested without it! (click here for more details)
Traxxas Link Wireless Module Compatible:
The TQi's most important feature may already be in your pocket. Equip the TQi with a Traxxas Link Wireless Module (#6511, sold separately) and turn your Android, iPad® iPhone® or iPod touch® (sold separately) into a powerful tuning tool for your Traxxas model. The full-color display combines with the free Traxxas Link™ App to deliver an intuitive, high-definition, full-color graphical user interface that optimizes your radio system for ultimate vehicle control. Traxxas Link also opens the door to telemetry capability when you add optional sensors to your model. The Traxxas Link Application is available on Google Play and the App Store.
Patented Sealed Watertight Receiver Box:
Bandit VXL's receiver is fully enclosed to protect it from the elements. The antenna and servo wires route neatly through a special watertight seal and a custom blue O-ring seals the receiver box to protect the receiver from water. The receiver can be removed for service and aftermarket receivers can be installed without losing the sealing properties of the box.
Bandit VXL uses pro-quality, high-grade, metric hex-drive hardware for extra strength, and easy maintenance and repair. The black-oxide rust-resistant finish provides a high tech look and feel.
Tires and Wheels:
Bandit VXL comes with stylish 2.2" Tracer™ black-chrome five-spoke wheels. Performance-designed Alias™ 2.2" rear tires feature a step-pin design and come pre-glued from the factory. Alias™ ribbed front tires offer superior directional control. The tire combination provides sure-footed traction on a variety of off-road terrains. The industry standard 2.2" Tracer wheels allow for a wide array of accessory tires to be installed, including the Traxxas Anaconda 2.2" street tires for Bandit and other buggies. The look is unmistakeable.
Included Optional Pinion Gear:
The Bandit VXL reaches a scorching 70+mph top speed using an optional 33-tooth pinion gear and a 3-cell 11.1V Lithium-polymer battery pack (sold separately). Out of the box, the installed 26-tooth pinion gear is just right for all-around, on or off-road action. Installing the included optional 28-tooth pinion gear opens the door to 60+mph speeds.
The low-profile, aggressive Bandit VXL body comes fully trimmed and painted with pre-applied decals to get you driving just minutes out of the box. Traxxas' ProGraphix bodies are the hottest looking bodies around and are only available on Traxxas Ready-to-Race® models.
Suspension Tie Bar:
The composite tie bar strengthens the front bulkhead and suspension arms for increased durability.
Part Number TRA24076-4-GRN Scale 1/10 Drivetrain 2WD Kit Type No Battery Length 16.25" (413mm) Front Track 9.84" (250mm) Rear Track 9.84" (250mm) Weight 48oz (1.36 kg) Height (overall) 7" (178mm) Wheelbase 11.25" (286mm) Front Shock Length Long Rear Shock Length XX-Long Front Tires (Pre-Glued) Alias™ Ribbed 2.2" Rear Tires (Pre-Glued) Alias™ Step-Pin 2.2" Front Wheels 2.2" Black-Chrome (Tracer™) Rear Wheels 2.2" Black-Chrome (Tracer™) Electronic Speed Control VXL-3s™ Electronic Speed Control Motor (electric) Velineon® 3500 Brushless Gear Ratio (Internal) 2.72 (Final Drive: 7.97) Differential Type Planetary Steel Gear Gear Pitch 48-Pitch Transmission Magnum 272™ Steering Bellcrank Chassis Type Modified Tub Chassis Material Fiber-Composite Radio System (Transmitter) TQi™ 2.4GHz (2-Channel) Radio System (Receiver) Traxxas Stability Management® ( tra6533 ) Top-Speed 70+MPH** Skill Level 2 *Battery Tray Dimensions 139mm x 47.5mm x 28mm
- Questions & Answers
- Must be logged in to ask a question.
Sort By:No questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Part List