The HobbyZone® AeroScout™ S 2 makes learning to fly an RC (radio controlled) airplane easier and more fun than ever before! It's the perfect trainer because it's very durable and is equipped with exclusive SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology that helps to prevent overcontrol, loss of orientation and crashes so nearly everyone can learn to fly successfully. It also features Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes so you can choose the level of stability and control you need at the flip of a switch. The Ready-To-Fly (RTF) version includes a Spektrum™ DXS controller/transmitter equipped with industry-leading DSMX® 2.4GHz technology, AA batteries for the transmitter, plus a Spektrum Smart LiPo battery and charger. That means there's nothing extra you need to buy or provide!
Welcome to the exciting world of RC (Radio Controlled) flight! If you've ever dreamed of taking to the skies, Horizon Hobby has you covered. We are committed to engineering aircraft that you can learn to fly with successfully even if you've never flown RC before. Every HobbyZone® aircraft we offer features industry-leading design and technology developed by experts to keep you in control and learning at your own pace so you can turn your dreams of flight into a reality!
The HobbyZone® AeroScout™ S 2 is the perfect trainer because it makes learning to fly an RC airplane easier and more fun than ever before! It's equipped with exclusive SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology that helps to prevent overcontrol, loss of orientation and crashes so nearly everyone can learn to fly successfully. Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced modes allow you to choose the level of stability and control you need, or are ready to try, at the flip of a switch. Plus you can instantly return to steady flight using Panic Recovery with the push of a button in any flight mode. Its unique "pusher" power configuration offers improved safety along with better propeller and motor protection, and its built with advanced EPO material that makes it extremely durable. Oversized tires and a steerable nose wheel make it easy to take off from and land on a variety of surfaces including grass at large parks, soccer and other suitable flying fields. The Ready-To-Fly (RTF) version includes a Spektrum DXS controller/transmitter equipped with industry-leading DSMX® 2.4GHz control technology, plus a Spektrum Smart LiPo battery and charger that make it easier and safer to charge. That means there's nothing extra you need to buy or provide before you can fly!
And the fun doesn't stop after you learn how to fly! The powerful and efficient brushless power system delivers long flight times and provides plenty of speed and power to perform aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls and even inverted (upside down) flight. Plus, the lightweight design and low wing loading deliver a very wide flight envelope and incredible handling that even experienced pilots will appreciate and enjoy. The BNF Basic version (HBZ38500) is the perfect choice for those pilots because it allows them to use their favorite Spektrum™ transmitter along with batteries and chargers they may already own to fly with.
- (1) HobbyZone AeroScout S 1.1m
- (1) 30A Brushless ESC (installed)
- (1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
- (4) Sub-Micro Servos (installed)
- (1) Spektrum™ 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
- (1) Spektrum DXS Controller/Transmitter
- (1) Spektrum 2200mAh 3S 11.1V Smart LiPo Battery
- (1) Spektrum S120 USB-C Smart Charger
- (4) AA Alkaline Batteries (for the DXS controller/transmitter)
- (1) Product Manual
Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
- 100% complete including a controller/transmitter, battery and charger so there's nothing extra to buy or provide
- Equipped with exclusive SAFE® technology that helps prevent crashes and makes it easy to learn how to fly
- Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes you can easily change between at the flip of a switch
- Panic Recovery mode at the push of a button to prevent loss of control and crashes
- Spektrum DXS controller/transmitter with industry-leading DSMX® 2.4GHz technology for reliable control without interference
- Spektrum 2200mAh 3S 11.1V Smart LiPo battery and S120 USB-C Smart charger for easier and safer charging
- Powerful and efficient brushless power system for excellent performance and long flight times
- "Pusher" power configuration for improved safety plus better propeller and motor protection
- Oversized tires and steerable nose wheel for easy takeoffs and landings on grass and other surfaces
- Capable of aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls and upside down (inverted) flight
- Lightweight yet extremely durable EPO construction perfect for first-time pilots
- Full line of replacement/spare parts available
- Learn to Fly Successfully with SAFE® Technology:
- If this is your first RC airplane, Horizon Hobby-exclusive SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology prevents over-control and crashing while also offering multiple flight modes to deliver more control and capabilities as your skills progress.
- Beginner Mode:
- Pitch and bank angle limits prevent over-control that can result in a loss of orientation and crashes. When the control sticks are released the airplane returns to level flight on its own. Best of all takeoffs are as simple as giving full throttle and letting the airplane fly off the ground or by giving it a quick hand launch.
- Intermediate Mode:
- More freedom in pitch and bank, but still prevents over-control and does not return to level flight on its own. This mode allows you to make tighter turns and to climb and descend faster as your skills advance. Beginner mode automatically activates and returns the airplane to level flight when the airplane descends below approximately 30 feet above ground level and the sticks are released.
- Experienced Mode:
- No pitch or bank angle limits so you have complete control! You can even fly inverted (upside down) and perform aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls, stall turns and more. Panic Recovery Mode can be activated by switching to Beginner Mode and releasing the sticks.
- Panic Recovery:
- If you ever lose control of the airplane in the more advanced control modes simply switch to Beginner Mode and release the control sticks. SAFE® technology will automatically return the airplane to level flight.
Approximate Flight Time: 12 - 15 minutes
Battery Type: LiPo (3.7V per cell)
CG (Center of Gravity): 2-5/8 - 2-3/4" (67 - 70mm) back from leading edge of wing measured at the fuselage
Completion Level: Ready-To-Fly
Flying Weight: 251-2000g
Power Type: Electric
Landing Gear: Tricycle type
Motor Size: 2306-2250Kv
Product Length: 34.25" (870 mm)
Product Weight: 27.8 - 29.5oz (788 - 836g)
Propeller Size: 5 x 4.5
Recommended Motor Battery: 3S 11.1V 30C 2200mAh LiPo with IC3 connector included
Skill Level: Level 1
Speed Control: Included
Transmitter Range: Full
Trim Scheme Colors: Orange and white with black accents
Wingspan: 43.1" (1095 mm)
Product VideosDurable Design:
The AeroScout's unique design and "pusher" power configuration helps to protect the propeller and motor while also offering improved safety. Plus its construction with advanced EPO material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe that's tough enough to handle everyday flying punishment without getting bent out of shape. And in the unfortunate event you damage any airframe parts or components and can't repair them, a full line of replacement parts is readily available.
The AeroScout S 1.1m arrives mostly factory-assembled with the power system, receiver and servos installed. All you need to do is finish some quick and easy final assembly, without the use of glue or special tools, and you'll be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
The wide-stance tricycle landing gear with oversized tires and a steerable nose wheel offers improved ground handling for easier take offs and landings on a wide variety of surfaces from pavement to grass and even dirt.
The Ready-To-Fly (RTF) version includes a controller/transmitter equipped with Spektrum DSMX® 2.4GHz technology and everything else you need to fly including AA batteries for the transmitter, a rechargeable lithium polymer battery for the airplane and a charger. That means there's nothing extra to buy or provide so you can fly! The included transmitter can also be used with other Bind-N-Fly® (BNF) RC aircraft.
Spektrum Smart Battery and Charger:
This RTF version includes a Spektrum 3S 2200mAh Smart LiPo battery that delivers long flight times, plus an S120 USB-C Smart charger that can be used with a variety of USB power sources. Simply connect the battery to the charger, and the exclusive Smart Technology will determine and start charging at the best rate to properly and safely charge the battery automatically.
Part Number HBZ38000 Kit Type RTF Approximate Assembly Time Less than 1 Hour Approximate Flight Time 12 - 15 minutes Band 2.4GHz Battery Included Battery Type LiPo (3.7V per cell) CG (Center of Gravity) 2-5/8 - 2-3/4" (67 - 70mm) back from leading edge of wing measured at the fuselage Channels 6 Charger Included Completion Level Ready-To-Fly Flaps No Flying Weight 251-2000g Power Type Electric Landing Gear Tricycle type Material Foam Motor Size 2306-2250Kv Product Length 34.25" (870 mm) Product Weight 27.8 - 29.5oz (788 - 836g) Propeller Size 5 x 4.5 Radio Included Receiver Included Recommended Motor Battery 3S 11.1V 30C 2200mAh LiPo with IC3 connector included Servos Included Skill Level Level 1 Speed Control Included Technology SAFE Transmitter Range Full Trim Scheme Colors Orange and white with black accents Wingspan 43.1" (1095 mm)
- Questions & Answers
- Must be logged in to ask a question.
Sort By:No questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!