OverviewMORE POWER AND VERSATILITY
Scaled down from the legendary Timber® 1.5m, the E-flite® UMX™ Timber was the iconic ultra micro model best-equipped for exciting STOL (Short Take Off and Landing) adventures and beyond…until now. The UMX Turbo Timber updates the original design with a modern turboprop-styled nose and 3-blade propeller, plus a higher-power 3400Kv brushless motor. When using the same 2S 280mAh batteries, this Turbo version provides even better STOL performance with shorter takeoffs and faster climbs. You'll also enjoy extreme aerobatic capabilities and have the power to hover, then climb out vertically. In the hands of experienced pilots, the UMX Turbo Timber can be flown in more places — even off of water with the optional floats (sold separately) — and in smaller spaces. Plus its high-wing configuration and exclusive optional-use SAFE® Select technology provide plenty of stability to make the UMX Turbo Timber a great choice if you've mastered flying at least one model before. This makes it a model that pretty much every pilot, from low-time to long-time experienced alike, should own because everyone will enjoy flying it!
At the heart of the iconic UMX™ Timber® model's evolution into the UMX Turbo Timber® is the addition of a 3400Kv motor and a 3-blade prop. Always known as and still an easy-to-fly, smooth handling, STOL (Short Take Off and Landing) capable airplane, it now has the thrust — with the same 2S 280mAh batteries — to hover and climb out vertically. It can also perform inverted flight, knife edge, snaps, spins and other advanced aerobatic maneuvers with ease. Functional oversized flaps, plus optional-use leading edge slats, offer improved STOL and slow flight performance. Equipped with oversized tundra-style wheels like its predecessor, the UMX Turbo Timber can take off and land on grass and other rough surfaces better than ever before due to the updated landing gear design that secures the fairings to the fuselage. Experienced pilots can fly it indoors in spaces as small as a single basketball court, and almost anyone who's mastered flying at least one other airplane before can fly it successfully outdoors in large yards, small parks, sports fields, at RC flying fields and many other places. Install the optional floats (sold separately) and you can add large pools, small ponds, and lakes to your flying site options. Included LED landing, navigation and simulated strobe lights add to the fun and make it possible to fly from earlier to even later in the day. Best of all the UMX Turbo Timber arrives 100% factory-assembled — and is ready to fly as soon as you bind the installed Spektrum™ receiver to your compatible transmitter!
- (1) E-flite UMX Turbo Timber® with:
- (1) 3400Kv Brushless Motor (installed)
- (5) Linear Servos (installed)
- (1) Spektrum™ 6-Channel Receiver with brushless ESC (installed)
- (1) Product Manual
- Full-range 6+ channel Spektrum DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
- 2S 7.4V 200–280mAh LiPo with JST-PH Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
- Incredible Short Take Off and Landing (STOL) plus sport and aerobatic flight capabilities
- Uniquely capable and versatile so it can be flown in more places and smaller spaces
- More powerful 3400Kv motor for the power to hover and climb out vertically
- Updated turboprop-styled nose, 3-blade prop and trim scheme
- Updated landing gear design to secure fairings to fuselage
- Functional oversized flaps for shorter takeoffs and landings
- Industry-leading Spektrum™ 2.4GHz DSMX® technology
- Easy to fly with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- Unmatched stability and locked-in feel of AS3X® technology for smoother flight performance
- Optional-use leading edge slats for improved STOL and slow flight performance
- Functional and factory-installed LED landing, navigation and strobe lights
- Optional floats for flying from water (sold separately)
- Fully factory-assembled and ready to fly right out the box
Airfoil Shape: Semi-symmetrical, high wing configuration
Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Approximate Flight Time: 6 minutes
CG (Center of Gravity): 1.1 in (28mm) back from leading edge of wing measured at the fuselage
Charger: Sold Separately
Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly Basic
Control Throw - High (Ailerons): 100%
Control Throw - High (Elevator): 100%
Control Throw - High (Rudder): 100%
Control Throw - Low (Ailerons): 70%
Control Throw - Low (Elevator): 70%
Control Throw - Low (Rudder): 70%
Flaps: Functional oversize
Flying Weight: 4.8 oz (124g)
Landing Gear: Wire nose gear and main gear foam wheels
Length: 19 in (483mm)
Minimum Required Radio: 6-channel (sold separately)
Motor Size: 180BL
Propeller Size: 4.7 x 2.75 (120 x 70mm)
Recommended Motor Battery: 2S 280mAh w/JST-PH connector sold separately
Servos: 5 Ultra micro 2.3g linear long offsetac
Speed Control: Included
Technology: AS3X,SAFE Select
Transmitter Range: Full
Wing Area: 119.0 sq in (7.7 sq dm)
Wingspan: 27.6 in (700mm)
Product VideosMore Power:
A more powerful 3400Kv motor and 3-blade prop deliver an abundance of power with popular 2S 280mAh batteries, including the thrust to hover and climb out vertically.
STOL (Short Take Off and Landing) Capable:
The UMX Turbo Timber's wing is designed with features like drooped wingtips, functional oversized flaps, and to accept optional-use leading edge slats (included) for improved slow flight and STOL performance. These features, along with the lightweight design and high-power brushless motor, make it possible to spring into the air or float down to land in less distance than any other similar class model.
Versatile Gear OptionsVersatile Gear Options:
Versatile Gear Options
Fly off of surfaces that are impossible for most models of this size to handle: grass, gravel paths, dirt trails, paved surfaces — even pools, ponds and lakes using optional floats (sold separately). The updated landing gear has fairings that are secured to the fuselage and oversized, tundra-style wheels to soak up bumps and provide excellent prop clearance.
Like the original UMX Timber, the UMX Turbo Timber comes with realistic-looking LED landing, navigation and simulated strobe lights that are factory-installed and powered from the flight battery.
The UMX Turbo Timber arrives 100% factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box. It's equipped with industry-leading Spektrum® 2.4GHz technology that binds to your 6+ channel DSMX®/DSM2® equipped transmitter so you can be flying within minutes of opening the box.
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage:
Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® receiver featuring AS3X (Artificial Stabilization–3-aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a heightened sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you're flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
* Pitch and Bank Angle Limits:
* - These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
* Automatic Self-Leveling:
* - The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It's also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
* Easy Switch Assignment—No Complex Programming Required:
* - The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any complex programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.
Part Number EFLU6950 Kit Type BNF Basic Aileron Yes Airfoil Shape Semi-symmetrical, high wing configuration Approximate Assembly Time Less than 1 Hour Approximate Flight Time 6 minutes CG (Center of Gravity) 1.1 in (28mm) back from leading edge of wing measured at the fuselage Charger Sold Separately Completion Level Bind-N-Fly Basic Control Throw - High (Ailerons) 100% Control Throw - High (Elevator) 100% Control Throw - High (Rudder) 100% Control Throw - Low (Ailerons) 70% Control Throw - Low (Elevator) 70% Control Throw - Low (Rudder) 70% Elevator Yes Flaps Functional oversize Flying Weight 4.8 oz (124g) Landing Gear Wire nose gear and main gear foam wheels Length 19 in (483mm) Minimum Required Radio 6-channel (sold separately) Motor Size 180BL Propeller Size 4.7 x 2.75 (120 x 70mm) Receiver Included Recommended Motor Battery 2S 280mAh w/JST-PH connector sold separately Retracts No Rudder Yes Servos 5 Ultra micro 2.3g linear long offsetac Speed Control Included Technology AS3X,SAFE Select Transmitter Range Full Wing Area 119.0 sq in (7.7 sq dm) Wingspan 27.6 in (700mm)
- Questions & Answers
- Must be logged in to ask a question.
Sort By:No questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- UMX Turbo Timber BNF Basic - Manual - English (945.40 kB)
- UMX Turbo Timber BNF Basic - Manual - German (944.37 kB)
- UMX Turbo Timber BNF Basic - Manual - French (951.62 kB)
- UMX Turbo Timber BNF Basic - Manual - Italian (945.62 kB)