Many RC pilots got their first taste of flying a Short Take Off and Landing (STOL) capable airplane with the original E-flite® Timber® 1.5m model. Its fly-almost-anywhere abilities, friendly handling and nimble sport performance helped it become one of the most popular RC aircraft of all time. The Turbo Timber 1.5m marks the latest evolution of the iconic design with the addition of metal-geared servos, a 3S and 4S compatible power system, plus a turboprop-styled nose and 3-blade propeller for more performance and capabilities than ever before.
The Turbo Timber 1.5m is equipped with an unbeatable combination of features that make it possible for everyone from low-time to expert pilots to enjoy a versatile STOL and sport flying experience unlike any other. Shock-absorbing landing gear equipped with oversized, tundra-style wheels plus the optional-use float set and leading edge slats, functional slotted flaps and the LED light system from the original are all standard. Add to that a turboprop-styled nose, capped off with a 3-blade prop and spinner that are driven by a more powerful 3S and 4S compatible power system- supported by a stiffer airframe that's equipped with more durable and reliable metal-geared servos- and you have enhanced performance and capabilities that make this the most fun you can have with a Timber yet!
- (1) E-flite Turbo Timber 1.5m with:
- (1) 50A Brushless ESC (installed)
- (1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
- (1) Spektrum™ AR636 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
- (6) Micro Metal-Geared Servos (installed)
- (1) Set of Optional-Use Leading Edge Slats
- (1) Set of Optional-Use Floats
- (1) Product Manual
- Full-range, 6+ Channel DSMX®/DSM2® transmitter
- 2200- 3200mAh 3S or 4S 11.1- 14.8V LiPo with EC3™ or IC3™ Connector (SPMX22003S30 or SPMX22004S30 recommended)
- Compatible LiPo charger
Airfoil Shape: Semi-symmetrical
- Incredible Short Take Off and Landing (STOL) plus sport and aerobatic flight capabilities
- High-power 3S and 4S compatible 50A ESC and outrunner motor with 3-blade prop
- Stiffer wing for improved aileron authority, roll rates and handling
- Functional slotted flaps for shorter takeoffs and landings
- Six durable and factory-installed metal-geared servos
- Spektrum™ 6-channel receiver with industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Unmatched stability and precision of AS3X® technology for smoother flight performance
- Easy to fly with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- Shock-absorbing landing gear with oversized tundra-style wheels
- Includes optional-use floats with steerable rudders for flying from water
- Functional and factory-installed LED landing, navigation and strobe lights
- Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced, hollow-core EPO construction
- Optional-use leading edge slats for improved STOL and slow flight performance
- Fast and easy bolt-together assembly- no glue required
- With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
- Pitch and Bank Angle Limits:
- These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
- Automatic Self-Leveling:
- The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It's also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
- Easy Switch Assignment- No Programming Required:
- The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any programming and takes just a few seconds.
- If you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.
Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Approximate Flight Time: 6 - 8 minutes
CG (Center of Gravity): 2.4" (60mm) +/- 0.20" (5mm) back from the leading edge of the wing measured at the fuselage
Charger: Required to match selected battery
Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly Basic
Control Throw (Flaps): Full, 1.4" (35mm), Half, 0.79" (20mm)
Control Throw - High (Ailerons): 1.2" (30mm)
Control Throw - High (Elevator): 0.87" (22mm)
Control Throw - High (Rudder): 1.4" (35mm)
Control Throw - Low (Ailerons): 0.87" (22mm)
Control Throw - Low (Elevator): 0.63" (16mm)
Control Throw - Low (Rudder): 0.98" (25mm)
Flying Weight: 57 - 60oz (1.61 - 1.7kg)
Landing Gear: Fixed main LG with steerable tail wheel
Length: 40.9" (1040mm)
Minimum Required Radio: 6-channel
Minimum Speed Control: 50A w/EC3 battery connector
Motor Size: 10 size, 800Kv brushless outrunner
Propeller Size: 11x7.5 3-blade
Recommended Motor Battery: 2200mAh 3 - 4S LiPo w/EC3 connector
Servos: 9g metal gear (6)
Stabilizer Tube Length: 11.8" (300mm)
Stabilizer Tube OD: 0.16" (4mm)
Transmitter Range: Full
Wing Area: 559.5 sq in (36.1 sq dm)
Wing Loading: 13.45 oz sq/ft (14.04 g sq/dm)
Wing Tube Length: 12.8" (605mm)
Wing Tube OD: 0.39" (10mm)
Wingspan: 61" (1555mm)
Product VideosVersatile Gear Options:
Thick grass, gravel paths, dirt trails- even local lakes and ponds- you can fly off of these and many other surfaces that are impossible for most models of this size to handle. The shock-absorbing landing gear is equipped with oversized, tundra-style wheels that soak up the bumps of rough surfaces and provide excellent prop clearance. The included float set matches the trim scheme of the airplane and features dual water rudders for superb steering control. Whichever gear option you choose to fly with, both are easy to install and can be swapped out in minutes.
STOL (Short Take Off and Landing) Capable:
The Turbo Timber's wing is designed with features like drooped wingtips, functional slotted flaps and to accept optional-use leading edge slats (included) for improved slow flight and STOL performance. These features, along with the lightweight design and high-power brushless motor, make it possible to spring into the air or float down to land in as little as two feet or less.
The factory-installed brushless power system features a 50-amp ESC plus a specially-tuned motor and 3-blade prop that deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery, or more power and vertical performance with a 4S battery without the need for any modifications or upgrades.
Composite-reinforced, hollow-core construction with EPO material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe. The Turbo Timber also features a stiffer wing that improves aileron authority and roll rates, plus it's equipped with more durable and reliable metal-geared servos all around.
Like the original, the Turbo Timber 1.5m comes with realistic-looking LED landing, navigation and strobe lights that are factory-installed and powered from the flight battery.
No glue is required for assembly, and because the few parts that need to be assembled easily bolt into place, the Turbo Timber can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge the flight battery. The two-piece wing also makes transport and storage as convenient as possible.
Part Number EFL15250 Kit Type BNF Basic Airfoil Shape Semi-symmetrical Approximate Assembly Time Less than 1 Hour Approximate Flight Time 6 - 8 minutes CG (Center of Gravity) 2.4" (60mm) +/- 0.20" (5mm) back from the leading edge of the wing measured at the fuselage Charger Required to match selected battery Completion Level Bind-N-Fly Basic Control Throw (Flaps) Full, 1.4" (35mm), Half, 0.79" (20mm) Control Throw - High (Ailerons) 1.2" (30mm) Control Throw - High (Elevator) 0.87" (22mm) Control Throw - High (Rudder) 1.4" (35mm) Control Throw - Low (Ailerons) 0.87" (22mm) Control Throw - Low (Elevator) 0.63" (16mm) Control Throw - Low (Rudder) 0.98" (25mm) Flying Weight 57 - 60oz (1.61 - 1.7kg) Landing Gear Fixed main LG with steerable tail wheel Length 40.9" (1040mm) Material EPO Minimum Required Radio 6-channel Minimum Speed Control 50A w/EC3 battery connector Motor Size 10 size, 800Kv brushless outrunner Propeller Size 11x7.5 3-blade Recommended Motor Battery 2200mAh 3 - 4S LiPo w/EC3 connector Servos 9g metal gear (6) Stabilizer Tube Length 11.8" (300mm) Stabilizer Tube OD 0.16" (4mm) Transmitter Range Full Wing Area 559.5 sq in (36.1 sq dm) Wing Loading 13.45 oz sq/ft (14.04 g sq/dm) Wing Tube Length 12.8" (605mm) Wing Tube OD 0.39" (10mm) Wingspan 61" (1555mm)
- Questions & Answers
- Must be logged in to ask a question.
Sort By:No questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- Part List
Out of stock
Out of stock
Out of stock
Out of stock
Out of stock
Out of stock
Out of stock