OverviewThe most extreme monster truck you will ever handle
Unrelenting 4X4 power, mammoth size, and award-winning innovation make X-Maxx the ultimate monster truck. With 30+ volts of extreme 8S power, X-Maxx defies physics, unleashing jaw-dropping acceleration and 50+mph speeds. Engineered to conquer the most extreme terrain and take brutal real-world punishment in stride, X-Maxx is the definition of Traxxas Tough®.
- X-Maxx, Ready-To-Race® model with Traxxas Big Block™ brushless motor
- VXL-8s waterproof electronic speed control
- Quick Start Guide
- TQi™ 2.4GHz radio system
- High quality maintenance tools
- LiPo Balance Charger with iD
- Traxxas EZ-Peak Live 4s-capable charger is recommended for easy and fast charging performance (model tra2971 ).
- Four AA alkaline batteries for the transmitter.
IMPORTANT: X-Maxx requires the use of LiPo batteries equipped with Traxxas High Current Connectors. Traxxas 4-Cell, 6700 mAh or greater, Power Cell LiPo batteries with iD are recommended (part tra2890X ).
Length: 30.67 inches (779mm)
- Velineon VXL-8s Brushless Power System
- VXL-8s Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
- 8s LiPo compatible
- Built-in cooling fan
- Machined heat sinks
- 10-gauge silicone wire
- Integrated protection circuits
- LED status lights
- Velineon 1200XL Brushless Motor
- “Big Block” brushless motor
- 4-pole 1275 kV
- 5mm output shaft
- Aluminum slip-on heat sink
- Dual motor cooling fans
- 50+ MPH with Two 4s LiPo Batteries and Included Optional Spur Gear
- Traxxas Stability Management
- Helps prevents spinouts and loss of control
- Adjusts from off to 100% assistance from the transmitter
- TQi™ 2.4GHz High Output Radio System
- TQi™ 2.4GHz transmitter
- Traxxas Link enabled
- TQi™ 2.4GHz 5-channel micro receiver ( tra6533 ) with fail-safe security and integrated telemetry ports
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models—just switch on and drive, “model selection” is not required
- Multi-Function knob
- Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle end points
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
- Telemetry-ready 5-channel micro receiver with dual channel-1 inputs
- BEC Voltage and Motor Temperature Sensor installed
- New Body Mount System
- Quick one-hand installation and removal
- Uses pivoting rear latch mechanism
- Eliminates body posts and clips
- Full-time shaft-driven 4-wheel drive
- All-metal gears and CVDs
- Torque-Biasing Center Drive™ absorbs shocks and distributes power
- 24mm splined wheel hexes
- Wheel hexes retained with a clip
- 17mm hex on outside of wheel
- Sealed, silicone fluid-filled diffs with large module ring and pinion gears
- Splined outdrives attached with external thru-bolt method
- Heavy-duty Cush Drive™ with steel spur gear
- Fully machined aluminum stub axles
- Splined aluminum center driveshaft
- New Motor Mounting System
- Precision, preset gear mesh adjustments
- No manual gear mesh adjustments are required
- Motor retention separate from gear mesh
- New Modular Composite Chassis
- Rigid Chassis Structure
- Modular chassis design interlocks with front and rear bulkheads
- Motor mounts to rear bulkhead to eliminate gear crunching flex
- Easy to service and access components
- Driveline is sealed in the chassis to keep out dirt and grit
- New Battery Retention System
- No body clips or hook and loop straps
- Battery hold-downs pivot for easy access
- Adjustable for battery size
- More secure than conventional retention systems
- Integrated into chassis top brace for improved battery tray and chassis stiffness
- New Steering Bell Cranks and Servo Saver
- New high-output steering servo
- Wired directly into the RX box, no external wires seen on chassis
- New mounting system to fully support case
- Double-shear, bearing supported servo horn
- Engineered to optimize suspension travel and steering angles
- All critical suspension points have double shear strength
- High strength steel suspension pins used throughout
- Suspension pins retainers won’t come loose or “back-out”
- 4mm machined pivot balls
- C-hub and steering block geometry maximizes steering angle
- Adjustable roll center
- Fixed, high-strength camber and toe links
- Steel upper and lower tie bars
- Full contact sealed bearings used in exposed locations
- New GTX Shocks
- Machined aluminum threaded body
- Extra-large bore and capacity
- 5.2mm damper shaft
- Lower seal cartridge includes integrated wiper seal combination
- Adjustable upper spring retainer
- Plastic shock caps with pivot balls
- Fixed shock locations
- Lower spring perches bolted on
- Front energy absorbing rubber impact bumper
- Lower front and rear skids for impact and abrasion resistance
- Integrated nerf bars for side impact resistance
- 8x4x4 inch all-terrain tires
- Large, dual diameter wheels
- Specifically formulated 8s rubber compound
- 2-piece foam insert
- High-strength glue and bead design
Front Track: 22.26 inches (540mm)
Rear Track: 20.66 inches (525mm)
Ground Clearance: 4 inches (102mm)
Weight: 19.1lbs (8.66kg)
Height (ride): 13.79 inches (350mm)
Wheelbase: 18.92 inches (480mm)
Shock Length: 7.4 inches (187mm)
Tires (pre-glued): 8.0x4.0 inches (203mm)
Wheels: 4.3x5.7 inches (110x145mm)
Speed Control: Velineon VXL-8s
Motor (electric): Velineon 1200XL
Overall Drive Ratio: 8.11 (stock, out-of-box)
Differential Type: Sealed, Hardened Steel Bevel, Limited Slip
Gear Pitch: 1.0-Pitch
Chassis Structure/Material: Composite Nylon Tub
Brake Type: Electronic
Drive System: Shaft-Driven 4WD
Radio System: TQi™ 2.4GHz Transmitter with TSM® receiver™
Servo: Torque: 365oz. Speed: 0.17 sec/ 60 degrees(6.0V)
Top Speed: 50+ MPH with two 4s LiPo batteries and optional pinion gear
Skill Level: 6
Battery Tray: 197mm x 51.5mm x 44mm
Product VideosModular Chassis Design:
The interlocking modular chassis design keeps the motor and the gear drive together as a unit to virtually eliminate gear-crunching chassis flex. Plus, the design provides easy access to critical components, making any needed maintenance or repairs a snap to perform.
New 8s-Rated Tires:
The wheels and tires are massive and so is the grip from the hyper-aggressive all-terrain tread. Traxxas specially-engineered a new tire compound and mounting system to cope with X-Maxx’s ferocious speed. Full-throttle tire-squealing acceleration is more fun than ever without the worry of ripping a tire off the bead. Our engineers overlooked nothing to ensure X-Maxx delivers the bulletproof durability you expect from a Traxxas truck.
GTX™ Aluminum Shocks:
X-Maxx’s four enormous high-performance oil-filled GTX™ aluminum shocks smooth out the roughest terrain for the super-plush ride that made Maxx trucks famous. The large oil volume dissipates heat for all-day shredding while an integrated wiper seal keeps the shafts clean, reducing seal wear for long life.
Shock Tower Design:
X-Maxx’s shock towers introduce an exclusive Traxxas look that offers rigid, triangulated structure and an authentic off-road look that fills in the wheel openings of the truck. They also serve as a convenient carry handles and provide level supports for the X-Maxx when placed upside down for cleaning.
Rock-Solid Motor Mount with Dual Cooling Fans:
The all-new motor mount design cradles the motor so it can’t flex on the mount. Gear mesh is held firmly in place by keyed pins so there’s no need for tricky adjustments. Eliminating flex means longer gear life, even in the most punishing conditions. The new dual-fan assembly helps cool the motor for extended run times and maximum fun.
Achieving X-Maxx’s huge suspension travel, tight turning circle, and incredible strength required hundreds of hours of modeling, development, and testing to package all of that capability in these sophisticated components. Exciting visual form follows unsurpassed function and performance.
Waterproof From the Start:
Waterproofing our models has never been an afterthought at Traxxas. Patented Traxxas innovation seals out the water so that your playground doesn’t end when the fun involves water, snow, and mud. Dirty truck? Just hose it off. The new style box allows fast radio access without removal.
Double Shear Connections:
X-Maxx uses double shear connections when the mission requires incredible strength. Suspension hinge points, shock mounting, and even the steering servo output shaft are engineered to redefine Traxxas Tough™. Captured, high-strength steel suspension pins are used throughout and will never unscrew or “back out”.
A new servo was created to deliver the strength and the torque necessary to give X-Maxx unmatched steering authority. The quick steering and tight turning circle, combined with advanced suspension geometry, gives X-Maxx nimbleness and control that you might not expect from such a large vehicle.
X-Maxx is equipped with new energy-absorbing impact cushions behind the front and rear bumpers to help soften the blows and make X-Maxx even more durable in demanding situations—even the unexpected ones.
New CV Driveshafts:
Traxxas armed the X-Maxx with our strongest driveshafts to harness the twisting power of the motor’s extreme torque. This rugged design maximizes suspension travel, steering angles, and overall durability. The differential outputs are splined for incredible strength, and they center bolt to the differential for easy cleaning and service. Splined wheel hexes eliminate axle pins that require through holes that create a weak point in shafts.
Shock-Absorbing Cush Drive:
Conventional slipper clutches could not withstand the monster torque loads of the 8s X-Maxx. Instead, our engineers adapted the revolutionary Cush Drive system from the 100mph XO-1 Supercar and strengthened it with a steel spur gear. Instead of slipping, the Cush Drive sends pure uninterrupted power straight to the Torque-Biasing Center Drive for unimaginable acceleration.
Aluminum Splined Driveshaft:
The tough aluminum center driveshaft carries the power to the front and rear differentials. Splined drives are used throughout for precise engagement, incredible strength, and smooth running.
New Maxx-Duty Sealed Diffs:
The new X-Maxx differentials feature our largest module steel ring and pinion gears ever to handle the rigors of challenging off-road situations. The differentials are sealed and filled with heavyweight oil, which gives the feel of limited-slip differentials. What the driver feels is confidence as the X-Maxx power slides through turns with massive roost and total control.
Full Contact Sealed Bearings:
X-Maxx features full contact sealed bearings in outboard locations to keep out the grime and grit. Less downtime for cleaning and maintaining bearings equals more run time for X-Maxx.
Torque-Biasing Center Drive:
The all new Torque-Biasing Center Drive absorbs shocks to improve driveline durability. The Center Drive also distributes power to all four wheels for mind-bending four-wheel drive acceleration without the side effects of a typical center differential. Center differentials allow tires in the air to balloon uncontrollably, while the Torque-Biasing Center Drive allows wheelies off the line with seamless power distributed to all four wheels.
Part Number TRA77086-4-BLUE Scale 1/5 Drivetrain 4WD Kit Type No Battery Length 30.67 inches (779mm) Front Track 22.26 inches (540mm) Rear Track 20.66 inches (525mm) Ground Clearance 4 inches (102mm) Weight 19.1lbs (8.66kg) Height (ride) 13.79 inches (350mm) Wheelbase 18.92 inches (480mm) Shock Length 7.4 inches (187mm) Tires (pre-glued) 8.0x4.0 inches (203mm) Wheels 4.3x5.7 inches (110x145mm) Speed Control Velineon VXL-8s Motor (electric) Velineon 1200XL Transmission Single-Speed Overall Drive Ratio 8.11 (stock, out-of-box) Differential Type Sealed, Hardened Steel Bevel, Limited Slip Gear Pitch 1.0-Pitch Chassis Structure/Material Composite Nylon Tub Brake Type Electronic Drive System Shaft-Driven 4WD Steering Bellcrank Radio System TQi™ 2.4GHz Transmitter with TSM® receiver™ Servo Torque: 365oz. Speed: 0.17 sec/ 60 degrees(6.0V) Top Speed 50+ MPH with two 4s LiPo batteries and optional pinion gear Skill Level 6 Battery Tray 197mm x 51.5mm x 44mm
- Questions & Answers
- Must be logged in to ask a question.
Sort By:No questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
- ManualExploded Views
- X-Maxx RTR 8s-Capable Brushless 4WD 1/5 Monster Truck - Body Assembly
- X-Maxx RTR 8s-Capable Brushless 4WD 1/5 Monster Truck - Chassis Assembly
- X-Maxx RTR 8s-Capable Brushless 4WD 1/5 Monster Truck - Front Assembly
- X-Maxx RTR 8s-Capable Brushless 4WD 1/5 Monster Truck - Modular Assembly
- X-Maxx RTR 8s-Capable Brushless 4WD 1/5 Monster Truck - Rear Assembly